V. Voloshchuk, PhD, doctoral student. National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”, Kyiv, Ukraine, firstname.lastname@example.org
O. Hrytsyna, PhD, associate professor. National University of Water and Environmental Engineering, Rivne, Ukraine, email@example.com
М.V. Bliashynа, PhD, assistant professor. National University of Water and Environmental Engineering, Rivne, Ukraine, firstname.lastname@example.org
V. Zhukova, PhD, senior lecturer. National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”, Kyiv, Ukraine, email@example.com
Assessment of Domestic Waste Water Potential for In-House Heat Pump Systems
Abstract. A preliminary assessment of the possibilities of utilizing domestic waste water as a low-temperature source for a heat pump is made in the paper. Based on energy balance and heat transfer equations and analysis of thermodynamic cycle of the heat pump it is shown that in case of domestic usage this source can be regarded mostly as an opportunity to improve the efficiency and reliability of the heat pump. In conditions of Ukraine such type of thermal energy source can cover small share of heat demand – 8…15 %. Although it is possible to increase this share to 30…40 % with the help of existing technologies of improving thermal performance in a building. Possible solutions of utilizing domestic used water in home heating equipment are proposed and analyzed.
Key words: sewage, individual house, heat pump installation
- Ni L. "A review of heat pump systems for heating and cooling of buildings in China in the last decade." Renewable Energy, vol. 84, 2015, P. 30–45.
- Hepbasli A. "A key review of wastewater source heat pump (WWSHP) systems." Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 88, 2014, P. 700–722.
- Colak N. "A review of heat-pump drying (HPD): Part 2 – Applications and performance assessments." Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 50, 2009, P. 2187–2199.
- Zhai X. Q. "A review for the applications and integrated approaches of ground-coupled heat pump systems." Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 15, 2011, pp. 3133–3140.
- Morozyuk, T. V. Teoriya holodil'nyh mashin i teplovyh nasosov. Negociant, 2006.
- Culha O. "Heat exchanger applications in wastewater source heat pumps for buildings: A key review." Energy and Buildings, vol. 104, 2015, pp. 215–232.
- Schmid F. "Sewage water: interesting heat source for heat pumps and chillers." The 9th IEA Heat Pump Conference, Zürich, May 19-23 2008, 2008, pp. 1-12.
- Maliavina E. G. Teplopotieri zdaniia: spravochnoie posobiie. ABOK-PRESS, 2007.
- Kuznyetsov M. A. Eksergo-ekonomonicheskoie obosnovaniie primienieniia teplonasosnyh ustanovok v technologicheskih protsesah promyshlennosti i kommunalnoi teploenergrtiki. Diss. National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. Podgorny Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems, 2012.
- Arseniev V. M. Teplonasosna tekhnologiia energozberezhennia. SumGU, 2011.
- Voloshchuk V.A. "ehniko-ekonomichna optymizatsiia perehodu na teplopostachannia iz vykorystanniam teplovogo nasosa." Visnyk Inzhenernoi Academii Ukrainy, no.2, 2014.